Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Statement
Position descriptions and recruitment notices must provide notification that CSU is an equal employment opportunity employer. As such, the following language is to be placed at the end of any position description, announcement or recruitment notice:
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Acting Title IX Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO. 80523-0160, (970) 491-1715, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer.
Background Check Statement
Position descriptions and recruitment notices must provide notification that final candidates will be subject to a background check. As such, the following language is to be placed at the end of any position description, announcement or recruiting notice:
Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Colorado State University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
Language and details can be accessed on Human Resources’ background check webpage.
Sample diversity statements to be included in position announcements. Units are welcome to submit to OEO for review and approval, an alternate diversity statement specific to a search:
- Personal and professional commitment to diversity and inclusion as demonstrated by involvement in teaching, research, creative activity, service to the profession and/or diversity/inclusion activities.
- Ability to advance the department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through research, teaching and outreach with relevant programs, goals and activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and relevant ability with, culturally diverse communities among potential target and constituent populations.
- Personal or professional commitment to diversity and inclusion as demonstrated by persistent effort, active planning, allocation of resources and/or accountability for diversity outcomes.
- Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.