Colorado State University is a land-grant institution committed to offering access in it’s educational, scholarly and outreach activities to all individuals representative of our multi-cultural society and providing an environment of excellence in which all individuals can participate to the full level of their capabilities, realize their aspirations and contribute to the global society in which we live. The Office of Equal Opportunity is charged with implementing, monitoring and evaluating programs, activities and procedures that support this commitment.
The following are key programs and activities of the Office of Equal Opportunity
- Monitor and support University compliance with federal and state laws and CSU policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment.
- Develop and implement the University’s affirmative action program.
- Oversee the University’s search and selection process for all Academic Faculty and Administrative Professionals.
- Work in conjunction with Human Resource Services in the hiring process used for State Classified employees to ensure compliance with affirmative action and nondiscrimination requirements.
- Conduct investigations and resolve complaints of discrimination and harassment in accordance with University procedures.
- Serve as a resource and provide assistance to units, departments and University constituencies regarding matters related to equal opportunity, affirmative action, access and non-discrimination.
- Provide education and training to faculty, staff and students on matters related to equal opportunity, discrimination and harassment.
- Coordinate University compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972.
- Collaborate with the Vice President for Diversity to cultivate awareness, appreciation and engagement with diversity and its relevance in a University environment.