Effective July 1, 2023, the search process functionality of OEO will be centralized within Human Resources. As part of the transition, team members responsible for the search process will now report directly to Human Resources within the Talent Acquisition unit. This change aims to enhance our operations and ensure a streamlined search process for all involved. Importantly, this transition will have no negative impact on campus operations.
We understand the importance of effective communication, and we will be providing you with further updates and information in the near future. If you have any questions or require assistance during this transition, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we work towards enhancing our processes.
OEO members are currently working a hybrid schedule with some in-office presence depending on the day of the week.
Colorado State University is a land-grant institution committed to offering access in it’s educational, scholarly and outreach activities to all individuals representative of our multi-cultural society and providing an environment of excellence in which all individuals can participate to the full level of their capabilities, realize their aspirations and contribute to the global society in which we live. The Office of Equal Opportunity is charged with implementing, monitoring and evaluating programs, activities and procedures that support this commitment.
The following are key programs and activities of the Office of Equal Opportunity
- Monitor and support University compliance with federal and state laws and CSU policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment.
- Develop and implement the University’s affirmative action program.
- Oversee the University’s search and selection process for all Academic Faculty and Administrative Professionals.
- Work in conjunction with Human Resources in the hiring process used for State Classified employees to ensure compliance with affirmative action and nondiscrimination requirements.
- Conduct investigations and resolve complaints of discrimination and harassment in accordance with University procedures.
- Serve as a resource and provide assistance to units, departments and University constituencies regarding matters related to equal opportunity, affirmative action, access and non-discrimination.
- Provide education and training to faculty, staff and students on matters related to equal opportunity, discrimination and harassment.
- Coordinate University compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Collaborate with the Vice President for Inclusive Excellence to cultivate awareness, appreciation and engagement with diversity and its relevance in a University environment.
Talent Acquisition, Human Resources – Search Process
Equal Access and Opportunity Coordinator
System Administrator for the Talent Management System
& Coordinator for Search Process
Coordinator for Faculty Recruitment
Aleta Wagner Lowe
OEO Support Specialist
Administrative Assistant III
Assistant Search Coordinator