Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
“No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
Colorado State University (CSU) complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. CSU does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the areas of education, employment, and public accommodation.
The Office of Title IX Programs and Gender Equity
For more information regarding Title IX sexual harassment including how to file a report, university policy, complaint procedures, FAQs, and additional resources please visit the Office of Title IX Programs and Gender Equity.
Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX Coordinator and Director: Araiña Muñiz, Araina.Muniz@colostate.edu, (970) 491-1715
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Assistant Director, Audrey Swenson, Audrey.Swenson@colostate.edu, (970) 491-1715.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Athletics: Senior Associate Athletics Director for Compliance, Shalini Shanker, Shalini.Shanker@colostate.edu, 970-491-6170
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Employment: Assistant Director for Complaints and Disabilities, Katherine Castañeda, Katherine.Castaneda@colostate.edu, 970-491-5836
Programs and activities covered by Title IX include:
- Financial aid
- Academic programs
- Student treatment and services
- Counseling and guidance
- Classroom assignment
- Vocational education
- Physical education